Sunday, April 10, 2011

What a weekend!

Biggest and most wonderful news first - I'm an aunt again!  My sister, Katie, had our newest nephew, Michael Ryan, this morning.  My sister is a real trouper and did a fantastic job!  Let's just say that her labor and delivery story makes me happy that I had a scheduled c-section with Ian. :)  Anyway, Michael is absolutely adorable.  I mean, really, really adorable.  And I'm completely unbiased, really.  See for yourself:


Really, isn't he beautiful?? My dad is the one holding him - the parents are up there helping out for a little while.  We get to meet him in May and I can't wait.  I told Ian he was now a big cousin (he has 2 older cousins) and he just looked at me like, what's a cousin?  He'll figure it out eventually.  So happy for Sean and Katie though - that is one lucky little boy because I know they'll be fabulous parents.

So that was the high point of the weekend.  Yesterday, I went to a regional conference and two of my graduate students presented their research.  One of them won second place for M.S. talks.  Woo hoo!  Overall, our university won 5 out of the 12 awards that we qualified for.  Go us!! The conference was a little disorganized, to say the least, but I thought our students did very well.  And there was a cool taxonomy talk about sea anemones and pom pom crabs.  Pretty neat stuff.  Ian stayed home with Dave.

Ian's started doing the cutest thing lately.  He pretends to talk on the phone.  He might pick up an actual handset (old one that he plays with) or it might be a remote to a stereo or a TV.  He's working on saying hello - it usually comes out as "eyo".  So cute.  He's also started saying "uh-oh" and for some reason thinks it's hilarious.  He's just a fun little guy most of the time (hey, he is a baby after all - there are grouchy days).

So, a very eventful weekend.  Time to start thinking about what I need to do tomorrow.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment