Friday, April 8, 2011

A really great afternoon

This evening, the tennis teams from ESU played.  Since Dave and I have, combined, taught a good majority of the tennis teams, we decided to go.  Doubles started at 4:30.  We picked up Ian (who apparently had a good day and does, in fact, suffer from baba withdrawal), picked up some dinner, and headed to the local high school for the matches.  Definitely saw some great playing!  Great weather, Ian had chicken so all was right with the world, and we got to see some good tennis.  Probably the highlight of the evening, though, other than saying hi to the students, was meeting their friends and the mom of one of the students.  The friends were students that neither of us had had.  Once they realized who we were they all said they were excited to meet us and that they'd heard a lot about us and Ian.  Good things.  And they sounded like they meant it.  One must've said that it was nice to meet us three times.  Meeting the mom of one of the players was so cool.  She sought us out, introduced herself, and then told me that I was her daughter's favorite college professor, she absolutely loved my class, etc.  So cool.  I try really hard to be a good prof, and it's really, really nice to hear that I'm successful.  I was able to honestly tell her that her daughter  (who was one of my favorite students) was going to make an awesome nurse.  So I left with warm fuzzies. :)  What a nice pick-me-up.

Ian had fun playing in the grass:

I asked him if I could get a smile - this was his response:


Not even kidding - he turned around.  Maybe he knows he's on my blog regularly?  Anyway, the sun provided a really cool photo op:

Shadow Family!


Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment