Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I need a helmet

It's really a wonder that I've made it through life with no brain damage.  Really.  Yesterday I had an awesome swim - a did a mile (1650 yards) in about 40 minutes - not too shabby!  I was about halfway through, my goggles were foggy, and I was backstroking.  I was spotting by counting the fans in the upper wall to my right - after 4 fans there's a pipe.  You turn over when you see the pipe and you're a few strokes away from the side wall.  Unless you miss seeing the pipe, think some random thing on the wall is the pipe, and turn just in time to smack into the wall with your forehead.  Cursing optional.

Today I ran intervals on the treadmill, since I can't do the pool.  I got control of one of the TVs and I decided to watch 19 Kids and Counting.  Which was awesome, except the TV was slightly to my left.  Every time I did a running interval, I ran to the left.  Which resulting in me falling off the treadmill several times.  Fortunately, I managed to catch myself before I was completely off and get back on ever so gracefully.  Stuff like this is even more awesome when one of your current students works at the gym.  "Oh yeah, that's my professor running sideways off the treadmill."  Awesome.

Today was good, though.  Lecture was awesome, meetings went well, a long day, but it was good.  By the time I got out of my faculty meeting, it was 5:30, I'd been having an insulin reaction for about 20 minutes, and Ian was hungry.  So we wound up at KFC.  I think they were having an off night - worst chicken ever!  Oh well, there were no dishes to do afterwards, so that was awesome.

BTW, the baked amish oatmeal?  Not bad.  A little on the tough side - I think when they say soak the oats, they mean it!

Now I'm watching Extreme Couponing and I'm headed to bed soon.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment