Thursday, April 7, 2011

A tale of two Ians...

Dave picked up Ian this afternoon and when they got home, I asked if he'd been a good boy.  Dave said that he'd been Mr. Crabbypants all day.  He ate baby food for lunch because the lunch Sarah offered him the first time went flying.  Let me pause for a minute and say that as bad as I feel that Ian gave Sarah a hard time today, it is kind of a relief to know that ours is not the only kitchen floor that has seen Ian's I'm-not-eating-that-and-you-can't-make-me wrath.  In a strange, perverse way, I feel better knowing that sometimes even the Baby-Whisperer can't please Mr. Picky.  Anyway, I thought if he'd been a grouch all day, we were in for it tonight.  But no - apparently Oscar was only a grouch earlier.  Wonder if it had something to do with him giving up his daytime babas?  Do they make a baba patch for those days in withdrawal?  He grabbed the bottle tonight like he was dying and didn't let go until he was finished.  I will add that he can drink from a sippy and is in no danger of milk deprivation.  Anyway, we had a really nice time playing:

We shot this video.  You'll have to click because I couldn't get the linking-thingy in blogger to work correctly.  In sort of an ironic twist, the object that is making him laugh so hard is one of the rings from the set Sarah, Ben, and the kids got him for his birthday.  Dave twirling the ring with the rattles and then dropping was hilarious.  I dare you to watch it and not crack a smile. :)  Hopefully, though, Ian is back to his full-time happy, smiley self tomorrow.

Other than that, not much to report.  About halfway through finalizing my lab manual.  A fun lunch with some great friends.  I was going to swim, but had an insulin reaction right before I was about to leave, so I decided against it.  I'll hit the gym tomorrow morning.  So for now, good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment