Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week in review

Good Saturday afternoon.  The Rapture is supposed to happen in about 18 minutes, so I'll try to recap the week before the world ends.  Then again, if the world ends, it won't really matter that I didn't finish my post, now will it?

This week was fantastic.  Much needed.  Thanks to my friend and colleague, Brenda, I was able to play hooky from our team-taught course for this week and enjoy hanging out with my mom.  I have been looking forward to her visit for months!  All of you that live close to family, enjoy them.  I really, really wish my parents lived closer.  The Kansas-Florida commute is a long one and there are many times when I have wished that they lived up the street, not several states away.  We spent the week shopping, talking, playing with Ian, and eating good food.  Now I feel re-energized and ready to tackle monster amounts of histology.  Oh don't worry - I'll catch all of you up on my summer reading (Ross and Pawlina, LeBoffe's Photo Atlas of Histology, anyone?)

The pool is up, filled, sorta level, and the new pump is working.  Yay!  Now we just have to buy chemicals and wait for the sun to do its magic.  I think it's going to be awesome!  My new bike should be in on Monday or Tuesday, so I'm super excited for that.  I need to get moving on taking more pics of the beach cruiser and putting it on Craigslist and maybe our local paper.

I can't believe that in a week I'll be leaving for NY to see my sister, BIL, and new nephew!  Very excited to see Katie and Sean and to meet the little guy!  He looks so cute in pictures.  So far, Dave and Ian will be chilling at home.  Dave got offered a last-minute teaching gig that starts the week we'd be gone, and I was going to take Ian with me...until Dave and Mom pointed out that 2 flights and a 2.5 hour layover with a very active (but still not walking by himself) little boy would be a nightmare.  I told them that there was always Benedryl and duct tape, but after a test run of sorts yesterday, I tend to agree with them.  We went to Manhattan (about 1.5 hours drive) for lunch with Charlie + Lindsay, then hung out with Lin for a while, then a drive back that probably took close to 2 hours because we had to stop in Alma and buy amazing cheese.  All in all, a close simulation of what I'd be doing to take Ian to NY.  Let's just say that he was great - until the end.  And since he's not walking by himself and I'm not comfortable with him stimulating his immune system on the floor of the Milwaukee airport, I think he'll have much more fun with his daddy that week.

Ok, it's officially 5pm CDT and I'm not rapture-ized yet.  Oh well, guess we'll go to Walmart tonight after all.  We're also going to Allie's dance recital, which should be fun.  Unless, of course, the world does wind up ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment