Saturday, May 7, 2011

Birthday Recap

Well, the birthday week was definitely up and down, but the birthday overall was absolutely fantastic!  Sorry I haven't blogged in a week - the stuff that's happened this week has taken me awhile to process and I didn't want to write anything that I'd regret later.

So Monday I had whatever virus Ian had last week.  Fortunately, it was over in about 24 hours and then I felt much better.  Thank goodness, because being sick was definitely NOT on the birthday week agenda.

Tuesday, Dave's department had their weekly meeting, and scheduling for fall was discussed.  There's a possibility that Dave might be cut to half time in the fall.  This would NOT be good, but fortunately, thanks to a good friend, things might not be as bad as we thought.  This is a sore subject with us - we've been on a real rollercoaster since October over the status of Dave's contract for next year, and it's definitely getting old.  Say a prayer and cross your fingers that things are resolved for the better soon and once and for all.  To say this has been a source of stress this year would be a massive understatement.

Wednesday, my bike came in!! It came in a box, specifically, and it's taken a few days to put it together because it's been busy, but now she's ready for a ride.  I'm probably going to try it out tomorrow morning when there's no traffic, 'cause I'm chicken.  Isn't she pretty, though??


Thursday, my birthday, I took the day off and spent it at The Children's Clothesline sale.  Technically, I was volunteering, but really it was just a fun day hanging out with my friends.  Before I went there, I opened the present from my parents - a Kindle!  And a really pretty case.


When I got to the sale, Tara, Steph, and Becky had my regalia for the day ready - they surprised me with a tiara and a pin!  I seriously loved it!  I wore it all day during the sale, and I even wore it to the Physical Sciences picnic that night!


I left around 10 to get my hair did, and when I got back, they'd also gotten me flowers and a balloon.  I have great friends!



All day I felt the love through texts, phone calls, and FB.  Seriously made my day!  When I got back to school the next day, I had another surprise - flowers from Hanna, Brittany, and Betty!  SO pretty!


So, all in all, a really wonderful, fantastic birthday.  This weekend, Charlie and Lindsay are here and we're having a great time.  Charlie, Dave, and our friend Greg helped get a pool that I got for FREE from Amanda from her yard to ours.  I still can't believe it's free!  I'm excited to get it set up and cleaned tomorrow.  Pool pics to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment