Sunday, May 1, 2011

OMG - seriously?

Time is flying at warp speed.  I need it to slow down for just a second.  Yeah, it's hitting me that there are 2 weeks left in the semester, 1 week of lectures, another abstract to submit to a conference, and have I mentioned that I'm teaching histology over the summer?  Yeah, I am.  Have I mentioned that it hasn't been taught in about 6 years?  Have I mentioned that I don't know what slides I have for lab or what the quality of those slides is like?  Um, yeah, these are the thoughts going through my head right now.  Well, there is a little bit more cursing involved.  In my head.  Because I swore that after spending a solid month reading an embryology textbook and prepping notes last summer that I wouldn't procrastinate about histology.  And now I have 6 weeks (2 of which will not be work weeks) to read the book, do my lectures, and organize the lab.  Anyone want to help??

In other news, the lab party was nice.  I hope everyone had a good time.  The food was fabulous and I enjoyed talking with everyone.  I definitely felt like an obligation to some - you know, that thing that you have to attend, but just for a little while and then you've made an appearance so you can go on to the better party.  Oh well.  :)  I used to be a student - I remember the "obligation" events.

This week is destined to be fabulous - 'cause it's my birthday Thursday.  Yup, I'm one of those obnoxious people that LOVES their birthday.  I don't try to forget it or pretend it doesn't happen.  I get ridiculously excited when the student secretaries put up signs all over the department saying "Happy Birthday Dr. Bailey!"  I have some in a desk drawer from every year I've been at ESU. I'm kinda celebrating all week.  Sometimes the party will be only in my head, but that's ok.  A present from my parents sits unopened in my dining room - so tempted, but I want to wait until the day.  My bike should be here Wednesday.  On my actual birthday I plan to spend it with friends and not doing anything I don't want to do.  'Cause it's my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment