Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring break over...6 weeks to go

AAAAAAhhhhhh! I just realized today that there are about 6 weeks left in the semester.  A week left in one project, 2 weeks until starting the next one.  Six weeks to finish my current class and plan my two summer classes.  OMG.  I'd better get moving.  Oh yeah, and I'm going to run/jog/walk/hobble gasping like an 80-year old in a 5K in two weeks.  Breathe.

Time is flying in other ways too.  Ian is 13 months old.  He's almost walking. Sooo close.  He's talking, a little.  He definitely has an opinion on everything.  I can't believe that 1 year ago, the end of spring break found me coming back from maternity leave.  In some ways, it's been the fastest year and the slowest year. Dave and I remember exactly what life was like before Ian (hey, we were married 10 years before we had him), but wouldn't trade the freedom we had for the sloppy kisses, the hugs, the giggles, and the smiles we get now.  Ok, tonight when he flung sweet potatoes and ham on the floor and cried at everything we put in front of him, I did think about it.  Kidding.  Mostly. :)

So now, I think I'll say good night.  Tomorrow will bring a workout, students, deadlines, projects, proposals, and probably more food battles with Ian.  For now, though, he's in bed, and I'm going to finish watching Chopped. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment